Day 4, Letter D
[Thurday April 4nd 2014]
D for Do-It-Yourself Dedication to Dad. We created our own home made glue to use for this fun Do-It-Yourself project for Dad.
Here is the recipe:
1 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Cup Water
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Vinegar
1. In a saucepan mix 1 cup of flour with 1/3 cup of sugar.
2. Add half (3/4 cup) of the water required and mix into a thick paste without clumps.
3. Now add the rest of the water (3/4 cup) and combine till the paste is smooth.
4. Add a teaspoon of vinegar and turn medium heat until the mixture starts to thicken about 2 mintues.
5. Cool and relocate to mason jar or an airtight container.
6. Use your glue to make this fun project.
Dedication to Dad
Using old clothes, poster board, art supplies, our home made glue and various craft scraps we made a fun poster to give to Keith (Dad). What an easy way to entertain the kids, even the cat and dog helped 🙂
Tutorial for making a poster for your dad:
Subtract Sundays from April, you then have 26 days–one day for each letter of the alphabet. Start beginning Tuesday April First 2014 with a topic themed on something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z. The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day on http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com